1pampa femininethe pampas — las pampas
- the Pampas — la Pampa
- Some might argue that, if I were a bird, I would not be able to enjoy my fantastic annual journeys, following the sun from perpetual daylight on the Arctic tundra to the pampas in Argentina and back again.
- Southward, in the centre of the country, lie the pampas - a vast region of high plains which supports some of the best agricultural and livestock farming in the world.
- A spending rebound is visible from middle-class neighborhoods of Buenos Aires to tourist spots and the agricultural provinces of the pampas.
- Roads penetrate deeper and deeper into what were once pampas, dense forests and marshland.
- Its world wonders range from Andean peaks to Amazonian wilderness; from the endless horizons of the pampas to the awesome glaciers of Patagonia.
- Cattle would graze Appalachian pastures intensively and be rotated from paddock to paddock, just as grass-fed Argentine cattle graze on the South American pampas.
- The other side of the mountains, to the south and east, the pampas stretches all the way to the ocean.
- The pampas are vast flatlands of cattle and horse farms.
- But then, all the fish of these pampas and jungle rivers demonstrate a desperately tenacious grip on life that attests to millions of years of evolution in a savagely unforgiving arena.
- Upland Sandpipers are long-distance migrants, spending the winter in the pampas of southern South America.