In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Key institutions that will require substantial funding include a standby force to intervene in humanitarian and natural disasters, and a pan-African parliament that will sit in South Africa.
- In Britain, he became active in the West African Students' Union and met several Black African leaders campaigning for independence and a pan-African movement.
- She is also the executive secretary of a pan-African partnership, the African Council for Sustainable Health Development.
- And the channel pledges to make stars out of some aspiring African musicians, as it launches its first pan-African channel.
- Such a scenario would strike at the heart of one of the very few things the African Union actually stands for: pan-African unity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.