In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When I was growing up, we had big Utopias: pan-Africanism, African liberation.
- One also should consider the streetside pan-Africanism of politically charged music, reflecting a widespread sense of a shared destiny, especially among the continent's youth.
- Consideration of these issues leads you on to the perspective of pan-Africanism.
- I like work that deals with pan-Africanism and revolution.
- The idea of pan-Africanism became the basis for the foundation of the Organization of African Unity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.