In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Someone said the same thing was happening in New York and Chicago in a pan-American doomsday.
- The vision includes consolidating Mexico's position in a pan-American trading block, but important social improvements are envisaged as well.
- The issue was a constant bone of contention throughout the period between the first and the sixth pan-American conferences.
- This pan-American organization was created in 1990 to bring opposition forces together and to develop common policy initiatives.
- An unprecedented pan-American alliance of campaigners has mobilized popular education and protest against the trade agreement, which they see as anti-democratic.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.