In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Gene therapy will never be a panacea, but ultimately it will be one method among many for helping patients with severe genetic disease.
- And so I don't think anyone looks at screening as a magic panacea to save the health budget.
- We believe that neither is a panacea and that holistic provision should include both methods.
- If those consumers think the drug industrial monopolists already charge too much for pills and panaceas, just wait until the privately patented and monopolized ‘stem cell cures’ hit the market…
- Admittedly, the life course approach may not be the panacea for all our ills but it may well be.
- Thus schools have become the all-purpose panacea, the one-stop solution to any government headache.
- Care paths are not panaceas and their worth depends on the integrity of the logic and the appropriateness of the options offered.
- Many people in the United States think that screening is a panacea, a way of warding off disease and staying healthy perhaps forever.
- Not even my usual panacea for brainache - a glass of red wine - seems to do the trick.
- Furthermore, he said, it was not reasonable to expect the sauna to be a panacea for so many diseases.
- Stopping smoking is hard, but a variety of methods can help even though none is a panacea.
- The drugs are not a panacea but they do improve quality of life and boost life expectancy.
- Their successors, the pharmaceutical industry, have much the same motive, although the modern method is to turn the full spectrum of panaceas and pills into profit.
- But, like any tool, it is not a panacea for the difficulties of modern civilization.
- She is aware that this has not been a panacea or overnight solution in Sweden, but regards it as by far the best of a dubious set of alternatives.
- Some researchers contend that sympathetic nerve blocks are not the panacea they are made out to be.
- It may not be a panacea, but we're going to need every weapon we can find against bacterial infection.
- Weight loss in and of itself is probably not the panacea you are looking for.
- Mental health care may function as a panacea for many different personal and social problems.
- Meanwhile, women need to be advised that a caesarean section is not a panacea.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.