In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1garbo masculinesalero masculine
- Fierce narrative inventions combine and collide with stylistic panache.
- Fashion is about fun, style, panache, and feeling good about yourself.
- Flaws cannot be concealed by style and panache.
- It covers a little-known subject with style and panache rather than strict historical accuracy.
- What the movie does do, is move quickly with a great deal of style and panache.
- It just confirms what local men in the know have always stressed - Kerry women have few equals when it comes to style and panache.
- They enthralled the crowds night after night, giving them expert entertainment with real style and pure panache.
- True enough, City perhaps failed to match the style and panache they had displayed just days earlier against Crewe.
- You just have to admire a guy who brings style and panache to the otherwise drab world of bank robbery.
- After a less than convincing start, she batted with style and panache to completely alter the course of the game.
- Lang achieves his vision with panache, verve and high style.
- But it was done with enough panache to give one confidence that our world may be unfolding as it should.
- Hutch addressed all of these challenges with his characteristic enthusiasm, energy and panache.
- Although saddled with a convoluted plot, he has invested his film with enough grit, panache and edgy style to make it thoroughly gripping.
- With her typical panache and literary style, the author comes at the serial killer genre from a new angle.
- Think of good Irish food, all local produce, being cooked with flair, enthusiasm and panache.
- Smith relied heavily on stylized dialogue, while his visuals show no style or panache at all.
- It is cute, astute, cerebral football, a mirror image of their studious manager though with an added dash of style and panache.
- Yes, it is still the capital of North African style and panache.
- The book teems with passion and panache and is graced with an authoritative yet absorbing style.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.