In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1caja de Pandora feminine
- Like Pandora's box, once opened, it is going to be well nigh impossible to put back the troubles and close down the lid.
- It is the skeleton in the closet, the Pandora's box yet unopened.
- Having opened the Pandora's box and revealed how with-profits policies operate, the reaction from some investment advisers is that the product is now largely obsolete.
- Despite such reassurances, once the Pandora's box of the recall motion has been opened, there is no telling what pestilence will result.
- Decriminalisation would open a Pandora's box on drugs liberalisation which challenges our fearful attitudes to ‘harder’ drugs like heroin.
- What Ms. Patel has done is to open a Pandora's box.
- It soon, however, also opened a Pandora's box of questions about just how internationally compliant Egyptian presidential elections could be.
- It is also why conservatives in the government are none too enthusiastic to grant them these political rights, fearing that a Pandora's box will be opened in Syria.
- Howard has opened a Pandora's box and he can't close it now.
- And in doing so, he opened a Pandora's box of history, emotion, frustration, uncertainty and fear that left none of us unscathed.
- But he has opened a Pandora's box of logical reasoning.
- They may have also opened a Pandora's box of complications involving a child's claim on a sperm donor's data and wealth.
- His lawyer, a philosophical chain-smoker, suggests fatalistically that once the Pandora's box is open you can't put it back.
- A government that pursues this policy would quickly find that once the Pandora's box of appeasement is opened, it will never be shut.
- But the exercise unleashed a Pandora's box of problems with issues raised over the handling of contracts and renovation funds.
- Given this logic, it's not hard to see why the industry would be in a state of denial about security: The very discussion is a lethal Pandora's box.
- Cloning is the Pandora's box of the new millennium.
- Once Pandora's box is opened, there won't be enough time for real science.
- Today I am glad he did - he has opened up a technological Pandora's box, which will benefit the world for generations.
- Has the president's stem cell decision opened a Pandora's box?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.