In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The best of the bunch is the smooth butterscotch panna cotta, served with swirls of curried cocoa gelée in a tall martini glass.
- Also from the tray were muscat jelly and orange panna cotta.
- Dust the honey crisps with confectioners ' sugar and insert several into the panna cotta.
- Perhaps the most interesting sweet is the panna cotta, a molded cream flavored with the lemon liqueur known as limoncello.
- We sample the blackberry tart, chocolate cake and panna cotta.
- For a more neutral panna cotta, we sometimes make a jelly from pomegranate juice.
- My valentine thinks that panna cotta would be just right.
- Run a small knife against the edge of a ramekin to unmold the panna cotta.
- Place a piece of sugar decoration into the side of the panna cotta.
- Dinner, as expected, was delicious: lamb tagine with saffron rice followed by this year's favourite, poached quinces with panna cotta.
- Enjoying panna cotta is no more challenging than making it.
- The panna cotta is perfect; it merits applause.
- So, a panna cotta is a dish made from cooked cream.
- Bea's creamy cinnamon panna cotta, in contrast, was excellent.
- For dessert, each couple shared an order of panna cotta (isn't that sweet).
- The panna cotta melts on the tongue.
- When it is completely dissolved you are ready to assemble the panna cotta.
- We could have had vanilla panna cotta with fresh raspberries, tropical fruit salad with lime sorbet, hot fudge sundae or even sticky toffee pudding.
- I had a mint pannacotta with strawberries.
- The panna cotta can be made up to two days ahead, making it a great dessert for company.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.