In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The impact is estimated to remove 10 per cent of the panorama and seascape and will be visible for up to 60 km.
- From the 12 th floor of the Al-Rashid Hotel, the view is much like the panorama of any large metropolis.
- From the back of a jeep I gazed at the rolling landscape - a vast panorama dotted with fruit trees and the grass-roof huts of scattered settlements.
- Stairs in the kiosk led us up to a viewing platform that afforded us a wonderful panorama of the Mima prairie.
- From the hilltop, a spectacular panorama of the surrounding countryside unfolds above the enchanting town.
- I live in a small town on a hill that overlooks Beirut, the view from my balcony a breathtaking panorama.
- From the summit the panorama encompasses fine views of the Great Glen in general and Loch Ness in particular.
- As I climbed up onto the wall and took a seat, the sparkling panorama surrounding me took my breath away.
- The winding road offers breathtaking panoramas of valleys below.
- Ord House, dating from 1763, lies on the shores of Loch Eishort on Skye and offers dramatic uninterrupted panoramas of the famous black mountains.
- From the observation windows on the top you can enjoy a beautiful panorama of Buenos Aires.
- This opens up a fine panorama of the surrounding hill country, with peak upon peak now in sight.
- Further windows were added at discreet points around the barn, mostly at low level, framing horizontal panoramas of the landscape visible when sitting inside.
- Here the view itself provided the catalyst as Ron created a living space offering a backdrop to the panorama, rather than the other way round.
- I strongly recommend that you go there, either on foot or by car as the view from there gives a panorama of Canterbury mountains.
- It's in the shade of the tung trees that the road from Sanyi meanders, punctuated by the occasional panorama of the surrounding countryside.
- Naxos boasts one of the finest views in the Cyclades, the breathtaking panorama of the Potamia valley.
- The rooftop panorama is breathtaking: the surrounding hills and valleys, with their terraced fields, orchards and tiny villages, look less like Africa than a central Asian Shangri-la.
- The Peak, where the city's affluent live, offers a panorama of Hong Kong Harbour, Kowloon, the mountains of China and the islands of the South China Sea.
- The images spread over several walls, punctuated by windows offering a panorama of the actual Bund, the Huangpu River and the futuristic Pudong district beyond.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.