In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The film does require special printing, so be sure to tell your lab that your film includes panoramic images.
- It was the most detailed and panoramic battle picture of its day.
- The panoramic views are awesome.
- The garden rests in a most scenic location on the side of Mount Leinster, affording panoramic views of the beautiful surrounding countryside.
- In the living room, an outsize picture window offers a panoramic view of hills to the north.
- It shows a panoramic wide scan and a panoramic scene display.
- The two original clips are projected on the left and right sections of a panoramic screen.
- It's a beautiful view, and great panoramic potential.
- We meet in the lobby and take the lift together to a quiet bar with a panoramic view of the city.
- From various points during their game, the women will be able to take in breathtaking panoramic views of the Italian countryside.
- As I pause to take in the panoramic views, a squirrel runs out of a thorny hedgerow, searching for food.
- To put penthouses on the roof with panoramic views across to the town park and the Bell Tower is inspirational.
- Our place had a panoramic view of the ocean.
- Located 100 steps down from the hotel, it boasts a panoramic view of the ocean.
- The best panoramic overview of the city is from Calton Hill.
- Dentists have reported that panoramic x-rays can show an image block-out that is consistent with the synthetic hair braids worn by the patient.
- My visit begins with lunch in the dining room which, thanks to its panoramic windows, gives an almost unparalleled view over the Irish Sea's glittering waters.
- The Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research has produced what it claims is the largest digital panoramic photo in the world.
- This panoramic river area, with its soaring basalt cliffs and striking golden hills, has become a desirable area for vacationers.
- The third group includes panoramic scenes from the 91st floor of the World Trade Center, where he had a residency in 2000 and 2001.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.