In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(for storing food)despensa feminine
- A door off the kitchen leads into a pantry and on into a garage/utility room plumbed for a washing machine.
- The daylit pantry contains a variety of upper and lower cabinets for food storage.
- Beyond the kitchen is a spacious storeroom with fitted presses which could serve as a pantry or laundry room.
- He was trying to find room for the wine bottle in the crowded pantry when the doorbell rang.
- We raided my pantry and my refrigerator for food, but what we found were the ingredients for pancakes.
- To the left of the kitchen is a pantry and utility room, from which there is access to a large storeroom.
- They keep dried foods in pantries and keep milk, etc. in refrigerators.
- The house had six bedrooms, a big living room and a cramped kitchen with a pantry out the back.
- He went into the kitchen, and went through her cupboards and pantries, looking for some pancake mix, and eggs and toast and all the other breakfast delicacies.
- Anyone who's been in the market for organic food knows that keeping the pantry stocked can be a pretty pricey affair.
- It consisted of three stories and a large basement which contained servants quarters, pantries, laundry, cellars etc.
- Meanwhile, a pantry, cloakroom, playroom, office and drying room are all found on the lower ground floor.
- She walked through the ignoble arch that separated kitchen from living room and took some bread from the pantry.
- In addition, there is a wine cellar, shelved pantry and guest shower room.
2butler's pantryantecocina feminineoffice masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.