In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1citología femininefrotis masculinePapanicolau masculine Latin America
- Combined Pap test and HPV testing detected all cases of high-grade CIN, but our results did not reach statistical significance.
- Post-hysterectomy Pap tests may detect vaginal cancer, but the yield and predictive value are low, and the test was never designed for this purpose.
- Although pelvic examinations can screen for reproductive problems or abnormalities, only a Pap test will detect early cervical cancer or precancers.
- Women 65 to 70 years of age who have had at least three normal Pap test and no abnormal Pap tests in the last 10 years may decide, upon consultation with their healthcare provider, to stop cervical cancer screening.
- The Pap test, effective in detecting cervical cancer in its early stages, rarely detects ovarian cancer and usually only in its late stages.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.