1(in text)párrafo masculineperiod (US) or (British) full stop; new paragraph — punto y aparte
- I mentioned, a few paragraphs ago, the conceptual structure of a plural noun, such as houses.
- He was reading through the file, staring at a single name in one of the paragraphs in the report.
- The transcripts were hand-written with many lines and paragraphs crossed out.
- In the process of drafting their material, they may combine and recombine paragraphs.
- In a series of numbered paragraphs, Lord Taylor summarised the position.
- I have been trying to find a detailed description of this but there are only short paragraphs.
- The style is similar to that of a textbook with several indented paragraphs of quotes.
- Now go back and re-read the first paragraph or the next sentence will sound a little strange.
- Then in the concluding three paragraphs the doctor summarises his opinion.
- It just took fifteen minutes to write that paragraph and I'm still not sure whether it makes any sense.
- We agree with the views expressed in that paragraph but we emphasise that today we would not have allowed that appeal.
- Also, does anyone know how to separate paragraphs with a line or something on a chapter?
- Would your Honour like me to just refer to the specific paragraphs where the sections have been amended?
- I'm going to try to summarize in a few paragraphs the qualities that make up a good player.
- The following paragraphs summarise or refer to your main terms and conditions of service as they apply at present.
- Each chapter has a useful set of concluding paragraphs for a quick analysis of theme studies.
- I'm going to have to learn to summarise the days events and my thoughts into a few paragraphs.
- In the first paragraph the trial judge accurately set out the first two issues.
- The article is all but fourteen paragraphs long but the real stuffing of the reflective piece is the last five.
- Entries are usually fairly short, maybe a sentence or a paragraph, but can be much longer.
2(in newspaper)artículo corto masculine
3(symbol)símbolo de punto y aparte masculine