In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1paralímpico masculineparalímpica feminine
- But Britain's most successful Paralympian, Dame Tanni Grey Thompson, has admitted she is unlikely to add to her 11 gold medals in Beijing.
- Eventually, a coach watched her run the 1,500 meters, and told her she had the potential to do the unthinkable for a Paralympian: get to the Games.
- Next summer she aims to become Wales' youngest ever Paralympian.
- Matthews, 41, who was born with Retinitis Pigmentosa (a degenerative disease of the retina), is a top Paralympian from Great Britain.
- As a Paralympian, the disabled athletes are forever reaching out with a helping hand.
- Given that the precedent has been set only two Olympics prior, using a Paralympian, again it's all been done before.
- Transforming from a self-proclaimed loner to a spokesperson for opportunities for people with disabilities, Holmes went from an all-star high school and college athlete to a promising Paralympian.
- Antonio Rebollo was a vision-impaired Paralympian, so yes, there is that possibility.
- He's a Paralympian, and he might not have even been speaking on sport, or she might not have even been speaking on sport.
- In third place was Tanni Grey-Thompson, who became Britain's greatest Paralympian when her two victories in Athens took her gold total to 11.
- Bradford's sole Paralympian, Pete Finbow, is confident Great Britain will be in the mix for men's wheelchair basketball medals.
- The former Paralympian completed the course in 2:18h and was delighted after his race.
- Daniela di Toro is another Australian Paralympian.
- Britain's most successful Paralympian, Tanni Grey-Thompson, will not be there, though.
- The Japanese Paralympian did just that and crashed over.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.