In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It has partly paralyzed the right side of her body.
- Kim previously worked as a taxi driver until 2001 when he was partially paralysed by a stroke.
- But, together, the anesthetic paralyzes the body and lets the poison reek havoc.
- A stroke may have paralysed her body but Kate Thomas's mind is still ticking.
- When they put me in the an air tight cell, they put this device on my head that paralyzed my body.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.