- The mutations make it more transmissible and possibly more likely to cause paralytic disease than ordinary live vaccine-derived strains, according to the Health Department.
- The CDC website relates that there are two common types of rabies: ‘furious’ rabies and paralytic or ‘dumb’ rabies.
- Some toxic marine species cause paralytic shellfish poisoning, particularly when forming red tides.
- Red tides, for example, can cause outbreaks of life-threatening diseases, such as paralytic shellfish poisoning, which can shut down mussel and clam harvesting for long periods of time.
- Tetanus is an acute, spastic paralytic illness caused by a toxin released from the bacterium Clostridium tetani.
2British informal(very drunk)como una cuba informal
- He said excessive drinking was often glorified through the media and we had to change the current mindset that it was ‘a great laugh’ to persistently get paralytic drunk.
- Elizabeth was drunker than anybody that night - she was paralytic.
- Young people, many of them still at school stagger out of the pub, intoxicated, paralytic from drinking too much alcohol.
- The judge told him, ‘You were paralytic drunk and punched a perfectly decent man in the face.’
- I was almost paralytic by midnight when I was meant to be on stage at Sound On Sunday collecting my prize.
1paralítico masculine offensiveparalítica feminine offensive