In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- An ambulance operator gave advice over the phone as paramedics went to the scene.
- The man was later carried out by police and paramedics, put on a stretcher and taken by ambulance to hospital.
- He was also taken by paramedics to the Friarage and was suffering from knee, ankle and facial injuries.
- A team of 10 firefighters and four paramedics cleared away rubble to reach the two men.
- The hotel was sealed off as a team of paramedics treated one of the injured workers.
profesional conectado con la medicina, como enfermero, kinesiólogo etc
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.