In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Local police, paramilitary police and military units have now surrounded the building.
- And what sort of training does this paramilitary police force give such conscripts?
- The raids killed or captured paramilitary forces and captured a number of large arms and ammunition in caches.
- Over 1,700 people were kidnapped by armed opposition groups and paramilitary forces.
- The Defense Forces include an army, a navy, an air force, and paramilitary forces that include the police.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.