- He spent some time in America and there he began to show signs of paranoia and other aspects of mental disturbance.
- Twenty years of turmoil followed; five breakdowns including episodes of paranoia and delusions.
- He said people suffering from paranoia are known to have a capacity to be very dangerous.
- Mr Crosland said Day's use of amphetamines had caused delusions and paranoia.
- The most common symptom of paranoia is the belief that someone or something is persecuting you.
2informal(fear, suspicion)manía feminine
- In many cases, these suspicions may be so unreasonable as to border on paranoia.
- On the space station that orbits Solaris, paranoia has evolved into a degree of mistrust, bordering on terror.
- The atmosphere of universal suspicion and vigilance of the Terror years was not irrational paranoia.
- Setting aside suspicion and paranoia, surely highways officials must have a plan for the future of this area.
- I almost thought I could see a dark shape through the veil of flames, but I passed it off as paranoia.
- This is a city prone to paranoia at the best of times, as personified by that quintessential New Yorker, Woody Allen.
- I think paranoia is only useful if you're in combat and need to be constantly ready to kill.
- In any organism, person, organisation, or even country stress leads to paranoia.
- Live in a state of perpetual paranoia and always know what your competitors are doing.
- The film succeeds because we are made to feel a little bit of the confusion, paranoia and madness of war.
- Face it, our information is safer when we have a healthy dose of paranoia regarding it.
- Who expects to find an aging Spanish nanny at the center of a tale of religious hysteria, paranoia, murder and revenge?
- The paranoia of a parent who's lost their child is easy to empathise with and makes gripping drama.
- America's predominant mental state was one of anticommunist paranoia.
- It is a tale of psychological terror and at its heart are paranoia and fear.
- She looked like she was on the edge of paranoia from being watched as though she was on display.
- Well it was too late now and my jealousy and paranoia grew on one fateful Friday afternoon.
- Let it never be said that the Left doesn't have its fair share of paranoia and persecution complexes.
- When two young men are driving along the highway one evening, they are flagged down by a cop and anxiety soon turns to paranoia.
- She felt paranoia and panic rising up to claim her, but she wouldn't let that happen.