In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1the paranormal — lo paranormal
- Some events are perceived as paranormal due to ignorance or magical thinking.
- Superstition, witchcraft and the paranormal have always been deeply rooted in Indonesian culture.
- Since Luke's brush with the paranormal several guests claim to have seen the ghostly girl.
- The investigators will use special sensors and recording equipment to try and trap evidence of paranormal activity.
- They hope a battery of digital cameras and camcorders will capture evidence of the paranormal.
- Magical and paranormal phenomena as portrayed on the Athenian stage in the fifth century BC.
- The couple contacted Woolwich psychic and paranormal investigator Gary Stock to find out if the house was haunted.
- There is a great deal of information in the ancient Vedic texts on paranormal phenomena.
- How can you disprove the existence of the paranormal any more than you can prove it?
- All believed and claimed to have experienced varying degrees of paranormal manifestation.
- And whether or not paranormal powers exist, it's certain that hoaxers like Uri Geller flourish.
- I suppose it is also theoretically possible that her experiences are paranormal.
- Doctors aren't meant to trust in the paranormal, their work being governed by their physical examinations of patients.
- But a recognition of the significance of paranormal phenomena requires an acceptance of testimony.
- Our organization is dedicated to the search for the truth about paranormal phenomena.
- Their goal is not to authenticate or necessarily even endorse these paranormal accounts.
- I told him to wake up and write this information down as scientific proof of a paranormal event.
- He also told him that he was not the first person to have had a paranormal event happen to them in this building.
- You can go the Uri Geller route and claim that it's not conjuring at all, just good old fashioned paranormal power.
- Six pub staff members joined paranormal experts for the seance, held on overnight on Saturday.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.