In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1paraplejía feminineparaplejia feminine
- Deep vein thrombosis, anemia, quadriplegia, and paraplegia were similar between the 2 groups.
- The cysts of the bone may result in pathologic fractures, and cysts in the lower vertebrae may lead to spinal cord compression and paraplegia.
- Injuries to the lower spinal cord could cause paraplegia while injuries to the upper level could cause quadriplegia - completely immobilising a patient.
- This increases the risk of vertebral canal haematoma, which can lead to permanent paraplegia.
- Early onset paraplegia develops during the active phase of infection.
- Injuries to the spinal cord leading to quadriplegia or paraplegia take into account a variety of factors with maximum compensation levels set at €300,000.
- Traditionally, many patients are left until they develop neurological signs of paraplegia, by which time many will never walk again.
- We are talking here about brain damage, quadriplegia and paraplegia, mental illness and loss of limbs, eyesight, hearing and sexual function.
- For example, a person with paraplegia who is wheelchair-bound may be working successfully on a full-time basis as an accountant and therefore not meet the Social Security Administration's definition of disabled.
- After the operations the plaintiffs developed spastic paraplegia which resulted in permanent paralysis from the waist downwards.
- Five subjects with paraplegia and 4 with tetraplegia participated in the clinical treatment protocol.
- A spinal injury leading to paraplegia or quadriplegia could lead to an insurance company paying out between €5 million and €7 million.
- I think the area that people find harder to understand is people with physical signs, paralysis or blindness, paraplegia in a wheelchair, because that's outside our normal experience.
- A glimpse in the past brought out the history of paraplegia in the world in general and India in particular.
- At that time, he showed left-sided weakness, which progressed to paraplegia 6 months later when he was admitted to a rehabilitation hospital.
- His professional interests were in metastatic paraplegia and paediatric orthopaedics.
- Two male respondents, 1 with paraplegia and 1 with quadriplegia, verbalized self-responsibility for the PU as well.
- One respondent, a man with paraplegia who had multiple Stage IV ulcers and flap repairs in the past, verbalized his feelings about stereotypical terms used in relationship to people in wheelchairs.
- His partial paraplegia improved over the course of a year, after which he presented for treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- Paralysis can involve all four extremities, a condition called quadriplegia or tetraplegia, or only the lower body, resulting in paraplegia.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.