1(birds/plant) (before noun) progenitor(cell) madremy/his parents — mis/sus padres
- the adopting parents — los padres adoptantes
- it has to be signed by a parent — tiene que firmarlo uno de los padres
- many of the children have only one parent — muchos de los niños provienen de hogares / familias monoparentales
- the responsibility of being a parent — la responsabilidad que conlleva el ser padre/madre / el tener hijos
- parents' day — día de puertas abiertas para los padres
- parents' meeting — reunión de padres
- parent company / corporation — sociedad matriz
- We constructed plasmid fusions by cloning the promoter regions of the wild-type parent and the inversion mutant onto the pRS550 plasmid.
- For an animal parent to neglect its own offspring would therefore be for it to behave contrary to its nature.
- The link between contemporary groups of animals is achieved when at least one animal in a group has a common parent with an animal in another group.
- By tissue culture methods, these can then be used for the regeneration of another plant like the parent.
- Acalypha wilkesiana, the Fijian fire plant, is the parent of many modern cultivars and is in itself a showy ornamental.
- A progeny animal is one derived from sexual reproduction that has at least one cloned animal as a parent (but could result from two cloned animals mating).
- The three propagation methods above will produce a new lily plant identical to the parent.