In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1the responsibilities of parenthood — las responsabilidades que conlleva el ser padre/madre
- However unusual her mother's approach to parenthood, it paid off.
- The organisation also warns that parenthood forces mothers into low paid jobs or to give up work altogether.
- Dressing a little girl is, for many mothers, one of the most enjoyable aspects of their parenthood.
- He has all the support from his mother and friends but is deprived of normal parenthood.
- Voting for this bill is not a vote for motherhood, or parenthood, or fatherhood - it is not.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.