In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(area)parroquia feminine(community/newsletter) parroquial
- Six Colorado parishes have left the church to join the Anglican Mission in America, the organization headed by the two bishops ordained in Singapore.
- ‘It was news to the pastors in the parishes,’ Shea remembers.
- Many of these lay candidates are already deeply involved in church ministry: in parishes, on diocesan staffs, as chaplains on campuses, in hospitals, and in jails.
- Still, when properly led by a personally secure, sensitive, and open pastor, parishes generate levels of enthusiasm and commitment seldom matched in human community.
- We should pray for renewal explicitly, as individuals, small Christian communities, parishes, and dioceses.
- Pastors have seen entire parishes change simply by teaching their people to give their lives to Jesus each morning and each night.
- The closing and merging of parishes also offer church leaders the opportunity to rethink how best to minister to Catholics.
- Evangelicals claim to contribute more than 40% of the £400 million raised for the church by parishes each year.
- For the past twelve years, I served as the pastor of a large parish in the heart of Chicago.
- Conservative Protestant churches and Catholic parishes have done better - 8 and 20 percent respectively.
- In fact, many, many Catholic women who are devout and active in their parishes think church leaders hate women, and they respond in kind.
- The report accuses the church of allowing white parishes and parishioners to be favoured at the expense of their black brothers and sisters.
- In the mainline churches, certain parishes have refused pastoral care to victims and their families.
- The duties of the post include regular meetings of the clergy of the 12 parishes in the deanery and advising and helping churchwardens of parishes without a parish priest.
- Readings and Prayers of the Faithful were done by parishioners from all churches in the parish.
- They worry over the fact that their parish now has one priest though it formerly had three.
- The conference sought support for the creation of a new network of parishes within the church.
- Each diocese was then divided into parishes, with each parish containing just one church.
- The dissident priests and parishes are opposed to the church's blessing of same-sex unions.
- The bishops should also seriously consider individual school boards in parishes where pastors do not have the time or the interest to commit to the local school.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.