In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in England)consejo del distrito masculino
- If a parish council is supported, then Conservatives will no doubt lead the way in its establishment.
- Members of the parish council are asking dog owners to make sure that if their pets foul in public places that they bag it and bin it.
- It is time that the parish council told council tax payers what is going on - openly and frankly.
- The parish council will now write to Leeds City Council with their objections to the plans.
- A spokesman for the parish council said repair costs had to be met by the council.
- Concern was expressed by members of the parish council about sirens and traffic lights.
- The forum was set up by the parish council to organise a wide range of activities for young people in the area.
- He said the scheme was worthwhile and the county council still hoped to work with the parish council.
- The parish council has also asked the district council to give it more time to make a full response to the application.
- This is what democracy is about and it is the parish council's duty to ensure that this happens.
- The parish council adopted the code of conduct in May and all members had to sign it no later than July 15.
- The parish council has done studies, every agency in government is doing studies.
- Mr Lewis is also a member of the Rawcliffe parish council which opposed the use of the site for retail purposes.
- As trustees of the Institute, the parish council is considering selling it to fund a new centre.
- The parish council has been trying to raise the issue with the county for more than six months, said Mr Clark.
- The committee recently made a donation to the parish council towards a play park for the village.
- If you live in the parish and would like more information please contact the parish council.
- We now learn that the vice-chairman of the parish council is also employed by Bradford Council.
- It is surely time that the people of Yeadon had their own parish council, just as Otley has its own town council.
- The clerk of the council is seeking advice on where the parish council stands.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.