In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1formal(equality)igualdad feminineparidad feminine
2.1feminine paridadfeminine paridadmasculine tipo de cambio
- According to an American Express survey, Christmas shopping in New York is cheaper this year, and dollar parity with the euro makes it much easier to spot the bargains.
- It is noteworthy that 25 basis point increase of February 3 has thus far not restored the euro to parity with the dollar.
- If there is mutual trust that the exchange rate parities agreed upon are observed, the mobility of capital will lead to identical interest rates, and there will also be a de facto common monetary policy.
- Exporters and businesses are increasingly concerned about the performance of sterling over the next few months after the euro breached parity with the dollar last week.
- And yet, the euro remains below parity with the US currency.
- Currency boards offer good shelter from inflation as long as the exchange parity with their dollar or Deutsche mark/euro backing can be maintained.
- Some countries, particularly Asian ones, have no interest in the parities of major currencies being modified.
- Analysts started to dig out their old bullish forecasts for the euro, with some predicting parity between the euro and dollar within the next year.
- Argentina devalued its currency, the peso, and ended its parity with the US dollar, a measure introduced 13 years previously in a successful battle against hyperinflation.
- Dollarization at current parity would eliminate the currency risk on Argentina's debt so rates could come down.
- The news came as the euro fought back against the previous week's dollar gains to make another bid for parity with the US currency.
- Hunt thinks it unlikely that the currency will break parity with the dollar next year, and feels it is likely to settle around the $0.92 level.
- It is more realistic to examine the medium-term outlook (three to five years) which is for the euro to return to parity with the dollar.
- However, after being launched at a rate of $1.17, the euro rapidly fell to parity with the US currency and then to around 90 cents.
- Shoring up domestic output, protecting employment and achieving recovery took precedence over fighting inflation, defending exchange-rate parities or preserving the gold value of the currency.
- In 1911 Fisher proposed that the gold price changes be uniform and synchronous in the currencies of all countries linked by fixed exchange parities, in proportional amounts related to an international price index.
- Moreover, sharp reversals in market sentiment can put intense pressure on currency parities and shut off a country's access to financial markets.
- The easiest to implement would be dollarization at current parity.
- It is worth recalling that from the end of 1923 to the middle of 1925 the exchange rate in dollars relative to the pre-war parity was about a third.
- The slump in US stocks has weakened the dollar against other currencies, with the euro climbing to parity against the greenback for the first time in over two years on Monday.
sistema de subsidios agropecuarios
3Mathematics Physics Computingparidad feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.