1galleta de jengibre y avena
- We were out of parkin by the time we came to close at 1pm.
- Melvin bought all three of them hot soup, gingerbread and parkin, small cakes made out of oatmeal and treacle, followed by warm cider for the women and ale for himself.
- And instead of after-dinner mints, we are having parkin.
- Traditional bonfire treats including black peas, baked potatoes, parkin, toffee apples and treacle toffee were also on offer.
- Bonfire night can fill a child with wonder and we love to see their little faces light up at the sight and sound of the fireworks and the smell and taste of treacle toffee and parkin.
- Fireworks, parkin, sparklers, bonfires - we have one man to thank for the fun.
- The gang and myself went out there today and came home with loads of veg, free range eggs, homemade bread, some jars of pickles and some parkin, (a Yorkshire cake made from treacle and ginger).
- Bispham United Reformed Church Ladies Friendship Group will hold its monthly coffee morning in the church hall, Warbreck Drive, on Wednesday, November 5, at 10.30 am, when parkin will be served.
- I'm shouting ‘Are you Ellie’ and Elie, complete with a mouthful of parkin, is gleefully shouting back ‘Yeth I am.’
- I would like to point out to the paper's reporter Stephen Lewis that it was my intention not to enforce free parking in York but instead to offer the city's residents free parkin (the cake).
- I've always loved coming here, I thought, as we made tea in the not-too-floral teacups and remembered the parkin she used to make.
- She baked simnel cake, parkin and scones and made ‘mintoes’ out of powdered milk, syrup and peppermint.
- I'll never forget her shepherd's pie, cooked with oysters in the old-fashioned style, or her parkin.
- Mrs Woodcock has been hard at work making home-baked parkin made with locally-brewed real ale Wold Top beer.