In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1enfermedad de Parkinson femininemal de Parkinson masculineParkinson masculineparálisis agitante feminineparálisis temblorosa feminine
- Will embryonic stem cells be a useful source of dopamine neurons for transplant into patients with Parkinson's disease?
- These types of drugs are used to slow the progression Parkinson's disease.
- Persistent sounds could be a symptom of a serious condition such as a brain tumor or Parkinson's disease.
- Advances in the treatment of Parkinson's disease, asthma and strokes have all been made as a result of research with primates.
- In fact epilepsy is more than three times as common as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease and cerebral palsy.
- Stem cells could be used to introduce healthy, dopamine producing neurones in the brain of a patient with Parkinson's disease.
- This occurs in conditions including multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury and Parkinson's disease.
- Discoveries could ultimately lead to cures for Parkinson's disease and other illnesses.
- Many neurological conditions, such as Parkinson's disease and stroke, affect the timings of the muscle activity.
- Acupuncture may also help Parkinson's disease, by calming the tremors and easing stiffness.
- A reduction of dose would lead to a worsening of motor symptoms, counter to the primary aim of treating Parkinson's disease.
- What use may these cells, which can be turned into other tissues, be to people with diabetes or Parkinson's disease?
- In Parkinson's disease, production of a substance called dopamine in the brain is reduced.
- The depression associated with Parkinson's disease must be treated.
- In theory, they could be used to treat diseases such as diabetes, stroke and Parkinson's disease.
- A lack of it is involved in Parkinson's disease, which causes tremors and twitches.
- In later life he had what his colleagues regarded as Parkinson's disease or a related movement disorder, from which he died.
- Cells grown from stem cells could be used to treat a range of illnesses from Parkinson's disease and diabetes to heart disease.
- The patients had had symptoms of Parkinson's disease for an average of 12 years.
- There are people with Parkinson's disease who have elderly parents dependent on them when they, themselves, need care.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.