In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1parlamentarioparliamentary democracy — democracia parlamentaria
- parliamentary immunity — inmunidad parlamentaria
- parliamentary privilege — inviolabilidad parlamentaria
- parliamentary privileges — fuero parlamentario
- the Parliamentary Labour Party — los diputados del Partido Laborista
- He stated that a democratic federal pluralistic and parliamentary state should also be set up.
- It is clearly based on equal numbers of constituents within the parliamentary seat.
- Every Westminster and Scottish parliamentary seat is won by the party and won by a mile.
- Each parliamentary year, the government has time for perhaps no more than twenty major bills.
- Two prospective parliamentary candidates had added their voices to the debate.
- He is quite simply unfit to be a parliamentary representative in a democratic society.
- It needs to be gutted and to have its parliamentary representation evicted.
- Many turned to advocating parliamentary reform when they got so little from parliament.
- He stood as a candidate in four parliamentary elections, but without success.
- In a parliamentary democracy, of course, changes of government are not unusual.
- We live in a parliamentary democracy that has no counterpart outside the Houses of Parliament.
- He can then appeal to all those who have been let down by the parliamentary left and the parliamentary right.
- The group is one of the largest country parliamentary groups in Westminster.
- We got a quarter of the vote in both parliamentary constituencies in the London borough of Newham.
- We are at the stage of the parliamentary process known as the third reading of this bill.
- The politics of parliamentary democracy are not as monolithic as you represent them.
- The real crisis is that we have a government that pays scant respect to parliamentary democracy.
- He says he can serve his council constituents, while performing parliamentary duties.
- His comments came in a parliamentary debate on the Government's energy policy.
- The disclosure prompted a parliamentary investigation and a government review.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.