In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1colegio privado religioso masculine
- Maine has a 130-year-old voucher law that once allowed children living in towns without high schools to attend private or parochial schools with state support.
- Parishes and churches that run parochial schools are working especially hard at using computer labs.
- School vouchers was big issue during the campaign - allowing parents who send their kids to bad public schools to get them out into parochial schools or private schools.
- Is the American public saying to you hold off on the school vouchers to help kids go from public schools to private or parochial schools?
- Westminster Christian Academy is a parochial school - a school established and overseen by a congregation as a ministry of the church.
- The majority of the other county school districts and parochial schools quickly followed the example of Bloomington public schools and voluntarily dropped German language instruction.
- May public funds be used only for public schools, or should charter and parochial schools receive a share?
- The very future of school choice - since at present parochial schools are the private schools most likely to participate in inner-city voucher programs - would be in doubt.
- There would be for-profit schools, charter schools, parochial schools, and government schools.
- The affluent can afford the high tuition for private schools and the more moderate tuition for parochial schools.
- Private schools, even parochial schools, are vastly more expensive than the average percentage of tax one pays toward education, on local, state and federal levels combined.
- The orthodox Lutheran clergy even dreamed of replacing the public schools with Lutheran parochial schools, but lacked the means to do so.
- Parents preferred to send their children to free public schools rather than parochial schools.
- The bulk of this money is paid to poor schools, mostly Catholic parochial schools and some community schools, which would not survive without it.
- The seminaries were full, the convents bursting, parochial schools multiplying.
- It is still taught in Sunday schools and parochial schools for children.
- Although this is still true today, public and parochial schools (church-run, private schools) are also open to Hageners.
- One was ‘shared time,’ in which students split their time between public and parochial schools.
- Ryan, himself, is a product of parochial schools: Boston College and the Jesuit Georgetown University, and he sends his kids to Catholic schools.
- Politically charged battles over vouchers, or public funding of private and parochial schools, still are being fought in several lower courts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.