- Some species consist only of females that produce their daughters from unfertilized eggs, a type of reproduction called parthenogenesis.
- In asexual reproduction, eggs develop without fertilization, a process called parthenogenesis.
- Reproductive modes include sexual reproduction and parthenogenesis, but much remains to be known about development.
- Gynogenesis is like parthenogenesis in that diploid zygotes inheriting all chromosomes from their mother can develop without a genetic contribution from males.
- This process is known as parthenogenesis, where unfertilized eggs develop into embryos without sperm.