In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1participartomar parteto participate in sth — participar en algo
- Though he misses playing in matches he feels that he cannot risk injury by participating.
- Theists argue that God is a personal, loving God who shares and participates in our lives i.e. he shares in our joy and in our pain.
- Thanks also to the swimmers who participated and those who contributed in any way.
- Join now and participate in the first contest to win Collectible Swept Away Posters!
- Twenty two patients participated in an additional joint consultation with their own doctor.
- Carnival is not a spectacle seen by the people; they live in it, and everyone participates because its very idea embraces all people.
- Twenty nine cars participated in what was regarded as the best and most enjoyable hunt ever.
- Parents need to engage with sport and encourage their children to participate.
- Failure to do so will be taken to mean that the clubs involved will not participate.
- There is value in participating in a system where we all share with some common rules.
- We are looking for any children interested in participating in Tag rugby for their area.
- The Syndicate has consistently led the pack in all areas it participates in, paid its dues as a guild, and earned its place as a lead guild in the gaming world.
- More accurately, the erosion of pluralism means that one participates in a kind of negative identification.
- Sound is a mixed choir with a flexible structure generated by the nature of its repertoire and of the events it participates in.
- If I was to do anything to help, perhaps it could involve participating in protests and so on.
- The ethnographer is engaged in regular interaction with people and participates in their daily lives.
- Finally, if you are fortunate enough to be able to participate in an employee share scheme, do so!
- In this contest of will and purpose, not every nation joins every mission, or participates in the same way.
- He had this great idea to involve people in participating in writing a short fantasy story.
- All shops participating in the festival will be given entry forms for the prize.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.