- With the cello suites and the solo violin sonatas and partitas, they form a triptych of Bach at his most concentrated and intimate.
- The solo violin works alternate partitas and sonatas.
- These six works, written in a year, are in a direct line from Bach's solo violin sonatas and partitas.
- The recording was inspired by the research of Helga Thoene, a musicologist who argues that Bach alluded to chorales in the Chaconne from the second partita for solo violin.
- Contestants could choose part of a Bach solo sonata or a partita.