In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Pregnancy gingivitis tends to resolve on parturition.
- It should however be used with caution during pregnancy, parturition and menstruation.
- Cows that calve in hot summer months may experience a longer period from parturition to subsequent pregnancy.
- Sex differences in size and form of the pelvis are related to its function in parturition although variation in size and form are not always gender specific.
- Although the end of puberty and the beginning of adulthood are not clearly demarcated, first conception, pregnancy, or parturition are frequently used markers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.