In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de política de partidoparty political broadcast — emisión de propaganda de un partido político
- How have the spin doctors employed by government to spread party political propaganda been an asset to the education of the people of St Lucia?
- In contrast to cabinet governments, the college is never united by shared party political, national, or ideological affinities.
- This geographical division of party political strength is a reflection of the socio-economic composition of the population.
- These are not party political issues - these are questions of local government finance and of proper community planning.
- We have the right, if not the obligation, to build a party political alternative, to occupy the ground which they have abandoned.
- Our amendments will get rid of party political appointments to the Electoral Commission.
- If you don't like what councillors are doing in your name and party political dogma, then why not do something about it?
- This group cuts across traditional party political lines on independence and comprises some of the most radicalised sections of the working class.
- It affects everybody in this country, and it is up to all of us to put our party political differences aside and actually start doing something about it.
- He conveniently forgets that attitudes to the development did not divide on party political lines.
- Each mayor is more interested in the day-to-day issues that concern people than the petty irrelevances of party political meetings.
- He said he did not want to get involved in ‘typical party political issues’ now.
- I do not want to be party political about it, but it was undertaken under a previous Government that was also gaining experience at the time.
- We think that people's insurance will be invalid, and that is not something that one wants to take party political advantage from.
- It turns out that the principle he was affirming wasn't against Government funding of party political ads.
- The demise of party political groupings in favour of independent people who are prepared to examine issues at face value would be an added bonus.
- It is not a party political convention or conference.
- But he believes the party political nature of the local council has stopped it tackling problems effectively.
- There were members on that committee who certainly had personal agendas, but no particular party had a party political agenda.
- We need to draw in people in communities, but not on a party political basis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.