In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1política de partido feminine
- Parties based on political interests simply twist party politics and lead to more divisiveness.
- He called upon the rural people to rise above party politics for the overall development of their respective areas.
- Even if party politics is an indestructible truth, people do not feel like being trapped by it right now.
- In many ways, his is a fine and progressive approach, which elevates party politics above the damaging and pointless battles of the past.
- The idea of having cross-party cabinet members may in time serve to show that there is no room for party politics in local government.
- Not one person I had spoken to had mentioned party politics.
- Every politician that plays party politics at the expense of the interests of the people of Taiwan is responsible.
- They may feel that the mentality is right but party politics is involved and that's when the barbarism gets really dangerous.
- Though I do understand people who have zero faith in the political system not voting as a protest against party politics.
- This afternoon I want to talk about an issue that should concern the whole House and should be above petty party politics.
- It is a moral problem that has been driven by party politics and politicians in recent times.
- As Mr Shirley has said, the security of the realm should transcend party politics.
- This is without taking into account the backdrop of party politics.
- I hope politicians of all persuasions can put Australia's safety and welfare above party politics.
- Contrary to what Mr Craig seems to be alleging, this cause is above party politics.
- The relative economic decline continued and the politicians and party politics were associated with failure.
- It must be lifted above the mire of party politics and viewed as a national security issue of great importance.
- They have all played party politics while the officers of the council have tried to cope with situations beyond their control.
- He has no dream of a democracy that sometimes rises above shallow, petty party politics and actually does great things.
- The local people know very well that where their issues are concerned, I place their views above party politics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.