1advenedizo masculine derogatoryadvenediza feminine derogatory
- And yet one often hears the bitterness of a displaced generation: ‘How many out of this avalanche of parvenus will stay the course?’
- You rather liked parvenus: they had energy; they knew what they wanted.
- The others are parvenus and upstarts in comparison.
- It sounds good that some of the parvenus have volunteered to pay taxes.
- He presented himself as a supremely patrician figure, so different from the vulgar parvenues of the Thatcher cabinet.