In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1libreta de ahorros feminine
- An inmate is not allowed to keep a cheque book or savings account passbook in his own possession in his cell.
- Elsewhere though, old-style passbook accounts from bank and building-society branches are now paying abysmally low returns.
- The three components were the stock market, working hours in the manufacturing sector and the M1B money supply - including checking account and passbook deposits of companies and individuals, the council said.
- Just like a time deposit versus a passbook savings account, there's a trade off: cost-effectiveness versus accessibility.
- I have also been told that when my passbook runs out my account will be terminated or even before.
- Some of these companies will argue that these are fair rates, given that many of these accounts offer instant or unlimited access with passbooks or cashcards, but that's just pure hogwash!
- If you prefer to bank in the old fashioned way with a passbook and branch, Kent Reliance or National Counties building societies may appeal to you more.
- So, workers were given a passbook for their social security account.
- Setting up the system, providing instruction manuals and pint-sized passbooks, teaching banks how to market and manipulate - these were the bailiwick of the young brothers Stout.
- The client replied that he'd put the money into a passbook savings account at a lower interest rate, which would lower his taxes even more.
- There she took the passbook into the bank where she would write out a withdrawal slip to the value of $60 to $700.
- It has to be said that a solicitor could simply take custody of a building society passbook to prevent a client from having access to his savings if that was what the client required.
- Deposit your major money in the passbook account and immediately prior to withdrawing money from your plastic ATM card, transfer the amount through your internet/telephone banking system.
- It's like a time-deposit bank account versus a passbook savings account.
- The closure has been put down to increased running costs as well as the Department for Work and Pensions moving benefit payments from passbooks to bank accounts.
- If you find an old passbook for a building society no longer on the high street, you can look up where the money has gone on the Association's website here.
- However, the accused had allegedly made fake entries in the passbooks of the depositors.
- And this system continued into the 1970s. Many people found, when they were finally given passbooks for their accounts, that there was almost nothing left.
- She deposited a few hundred dollars into a passbook savings account for me and told me that was it.
- And many over 65s are sure to be pleased with the fact the account will operate as a passbook account, meaning that members can carry out their banking in any of Nationwide's 880 branches.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.