In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There is absolute integrity in the distinction between passive consumption and active use, except insofar as ‘use’ of a product signifies its consumption anyway.
- An underacknowledged distinction in studies of legitimacy centers on whether the organization seeks active support or merely passive acquiescence.
- She asked how it happened that ordinary Salvadorans went from decades of passive acceptance to active insurgency in a short time.
- That is, they have the ability to rationally accept dreadful circumstances without becoming angry or passive, two common responses to extreme stress.
- The distinction between physically passive and relatively active patients, based on actometry, is helpful to select the correct approach to help the patient.
- Active, not passive, response is called forth as is perseverance over the long haul.
- Patients accustomed to inadequate care may become resentful or respond with passive acceptance of the situation often seeing it simply as a further burden of poverty and social alienation.
- Ultimately, as you follow this kind of plan, you will gain a passive income that allows you to quit your job, and you become, by definition, financially independent.
- They seem to prefer a passive response to a quick, aggressive reaction.
- The passive person allows things to wash over them.
- These crimes of violence continue with the active support or passive complicity of state agents, armed groups, families and communities.
- Besides primary, secondary, we should also look at - that's a active scene, passive thing, did she put up a fight or she just submit herself.
- Historians are now concerned with resistance in active and passive forms, organised and impromptu, group and individual, male and female, political, economic, and cultural.
- The inhabitants of the colony prove to be neither passive victims nor fierce resistors in some undifferentiated manner.
- But for many, the availability of therapeutic intervention may facilitate the transition from active worker to passive victim.
- The South African government's passive response to events in Zimbabwe inevitably raises awkward questions about the depth of its own commitment to democracy.
- He could have remained a passive passenger allowing the constable to deal with the driver or could have insisted Mr Main breath-test Ms Johnstone but did neither.
- From passive viewing to active buying is just another step.
- As Hickey noted, peasants have many methods of passive and active resistance, and force is often counterproductive as a motivator.
- Seminal studies in mammals indicated that the threshold at which the shift from an active to a passive behavioral response occurs is subject to great individual variation.
1voz pasiva femininein the passive — en voz pasiva
- But I really do hate passive voice and buried claims like the plague.
- Further, with all forms except the aorist and future, we are not able to tell whether a verb is middle or passive.
- It followed that findings should be presented in the third person, and in a passive and cautious voice.
- We have already observed that during the time of Hellenistic Greek, the middle voice form was losing ground to the passive.
- Here the verbs are in the present passive: the Christian is being changed.
- This often works, but if you are writing in the active mood, the changes to the passive for the circumlocutions can be irksome.
- Use active verbs - but don't dismiss the passive.
- I learned the distinction between the active and passive voice as early as fifth grade.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.