- There is absolute integrity in the distinction between passive consumption and active use, except insofar as ‘use’ of a product signifies its consumption anyway.
- An underacknowledged distinction in studies of legitimacy centers on whether the organization seeks active support or merely passive acquiescence.
- She asked how it happened that ordinary Salvadorans went from decades of passive acceptance to active insurgency in a short time.
- That is, they have the ability to rationally accept dreadful circumstances without becoming angry or passive, two common responses to extreme stress.
- The distinction between physically passive and relatively active patients, based on actometry, is helpful to select the correct approach to help the patient.
- Active, not passive, response is called forth as is perseverance over the long haul.
- Patients accustomed to inadequate care may become resentful or respond with passive acceptance of the situation often seeing it simply as a further burden of poverty and social alienation.
- Ultimately, as you follow this kind of plan, you will gain a passive income that allows you to quit your job, and you become, by definition, financially independent.
- They seem to prefer a passive response to a quick, aggressive reaction.
- The passive person allows things to wash over them.
- These crimes of violence continue with the active support or passive complicity of state agents, armed groups, families and communities.
- Besides primary, secondary, we should also look at - that's a active scene, passive thing, did she put up a fight or she just submit herself.
- Historians are now concerned with resistance in active and passive forms, organised and impromptu, group and individual, male and female, political, economic, and cultural.
- The inhabitants of the colony prove to be neither passive victims nor fierce resistors in some undifferentiated manner.
- But for many, the availability of therapeutic intervention may facilitate the transition from active worker to passive victim.
- The South African government's passive response to events in Zimbabwe inevitably raises awkward questions about the depth of its own commitment to democracy.
- He could have remained a passive passenger allowing the constable to deal with the driver or could have insisted Mr Main breath-test Ms Johnstone but did neither.
- From passive viewing to active buying is just another step.
- As Hickey noted, peasants have many methods of passive and active resistance, and force is often counterproductive as a motivator.
- Seminal studies in mammals indicated that the threshold at which the shift from an active to a passive behavioral response occurs is subject to great individual variation.
1voz pasiva femininein the passive — en voz pasiva
- But I really do hate passive voice and buried claims like the plague.
- Further, with all forms except the aorist and future, we are not able to tell whether a verb is middle or passive.
- It followed that findings should be presented in the third person, and in a passive and cautious voice.
- We have already observed that during the time of Hellenistic Greek, the middle voice form was losing ground to the passive.
- Here the verbs are in the present passive: the Christian is being changed.
- This often works, but if you are writing in the active mood, the changes to the passive for the circumlocutions can be irksome.
- Use active verbs - but don't dismiss the passive.
- I learned the distinction between the active and passive voice as early as fifth grade.