In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1resistencia pasiva feminine
- We feel this way for many reasons - conflict, criticism, and passive resistance to our leadership - but no form of injustice is easier to quantify than low compensation.
- But they are not going to find these answers in the cowardly confines of the antiwar movement; because the antiwar movement does not consider them capable of anything more than passive resistance to politics.
- During the struggle for independence, he realised the significance of women in the non-violent and passive resistance movement against the British rule.
- It was his grandfather's practice of passive resistance that brought down British colonial rule in India.
- His deed certainly bears no resemblance to civil disobedience within the tradition of passive resistance.
- Hostility toward the dominant group may take many forms, ranging form non-violent passive resistance to apolitical crime and politically inspired guerrilla warfare.
- I doubt if the media will mention September 11 1906, when Mahatma Gandhi initiated non-violent, passive resistance as a means of social reform.
- The prisoners had been practising passive resistance to the confiscation of their lands.
- Still, passive resistance can be expected from managers of hard-pressed state enterprises.
- Demonstrators were advised to avoid violence and to use passive resistance.
- Why, he can't even cut down a few old trees in The Domain without inciting a huge public outcry and passive resistance opposition.
- Congress rejected the break-up of India and Jinnah called on Muslims to engage in ‘direct action’ - the opposite of Gandhi's passive resistance.
- Nonviolence is not passive resistance: it is active.
- Through nonparticipation and passive resistance, people could achieve their goals.
- However, in some cases their ‘survival techniques’ included passive resistance, for example, ignoring some restrictive orders.
- He left the country for India in 1914, after having shaped and established his policy of ‘Satyagraha’ or passive resistance.
- This dual role has resulted in the unusual resilience and flexibility of black women and in their oft-repeated stance of dignified passive resistance to oppression.
- Political groups, inspired by Mahatma Gandhi's passive resistance strategy, embarked on a campaign of defiance against unjust laws.
- His experiences in Johannesburg from 1903 to 1913 shaped his philosophy of Satyagraha, passive resistance.
- Personally I think passive resistance is a good option.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.