In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pasaporte masculinepassport to sth
- passport to fame — pasaporte a la fama
- hard work is the passport to success — el esfuerzo es la llave que abre las puertas del éxito
- a degree is not an automatic passport to employment — un título universitario no garantiza automáticamente un empleo
- passport holder — titular del pasaporte
- passport office — organismo que expide pasaportes
- passport picture / photograph — foto de carné
- Unions can issue these passports to members working abroad as a tool in organising.
- Then there are the legal documents to deal with, such as birth certificates and passports.
- This will help people avoid travel to the regional centres to get their passports processed.
- People travel on false passports and do all the things he disparages because of the plight they are in.
- There were safeguards to ensure that deportees did not travel on false passports.
- Some had British passports and were entitled to come to Britain but the government did not want them.
- Three of the 17 had no passports and claimed that they had left their documents on the boat.
- The visit has been delayed by India's refusal to issue a passport to one of the members.
- Smith, of no fixed address, admitted five robberies and using a fake passport.
- We learn that a new form of identification known as papelles have replaced passports, visas and the like.
- The men were found to have false passports and to be travelling under false names.
- Those with prior travel on public affairs passports are not eligible for this programme.
- Meziane had one false passport which he used to open bank accounts, gain employment and claim benefits.
- The UK Passport Office is already able to issue passports containing a digital photo.
- Most applicants apply in the morning and are able to pick up their passports and visas in the afternoon.
- I now turn to the other provisions of the bill relating to our passports and travel documents.
- We removed a number of credit cards and other documents and articles of false identity such as false passports.
- They cannot even travel there because they don't have Sudanese passports.
- Two were travelling on British passports, the third on an Irish one - all believed to be false.
- She found two passports and other identification for Jamie, but under different names.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.