In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Militarycontraseña femininesanto y seña masculine
- The handful of people in Nairobi who have managed to buy the book used a secret Swahili password.
- He found a secret door, gave a password and proceeded to the chambers of the Boss.
- When the minicab driver alerted the base with a secret password the man fled empty-handed.
- Just goes to show, you should never use your husbands name as a password to administer a poll.
- The space is playful and curious, like finding a secret hideout that you need a password to enter.
- As if some secret password has removed the laws of gravity for a moment, this massive jet bounds skywards.
- It sounded like a password and every day at lunch he followed her obediently like a dog in the café.
- They were a secret detective society you see, with secret meetings, and a secret badge, and passwords and codes and everything.
- Rising and rising, they re-enter the Fish Sauce shop where he must repeat the password.
- She smiled politely and pointed to the telephones and asked me whether I had been set up with a password to use it.
- My credit is good, I know all my secret passwords, I just live in more than one place.
- These partisan leagues were established as secret societies with passwords and rituals.
- She could have used a password like these kids - but now she'd be in jail.
- Maybe there is a secret password for obtaining double beds and I don't know as it yet.
- Tell children not to open the door to anyone who does not have a pre-arranged password.
- To win a place in the final they needed to give the correct password.
2Computingcontraseña de acceso feminineclave de acceso femininepalabra de acceso femininepassword masculine
- Hackers frequently crack open accounts by simply running through a list of likely passwords, so choosing the obvious is foolhardy.
- Results are available through a password protected computer system.
- Once the visitor has logged on, the site records passwords and other sensitive bank account details, which can later be used by fraudsters.
- With an FTP server, you can specify the user names and passwords of the people allowed into your system.
- Even my little laptop has the power and ability to sniff a wireless network, and figure out passwords etc.
- These can be used by fraudsters to work out security codes and passwords and log into customers' accounts.
- You also call them and let them know the password so that he or she can open it on their computer.
- Then one day the computer forgot the mailbox password and no one could connect to access their emails.
- They can't say that the user must keep his password secure or his machine virus-free.
- When they launch a browser, a login window appears and the user name and password are used for access for the paid for period of time.
- The malware records passwords and keystrokes once users of infected machines visit targeted websites.
- To leave a message on my computer, a password to access my computer is required.
- Fraudsters also use key-logging software to capture passwords entered on a computer.
- I had a password and access to the system in order to check arrivals at the Reception desk.
- I tipped them off, changed their passwords again to lock him back out, and removed myself from all association.
- That cookie might store a user name and password to access a particular web site.
- I popped open the laptop and punched in the seven passwords that would gain me entrance to my more covert files.
- The same password that provides Internet access, is also used to control access to subscriber email.
- Keychain is the Mac OS ' secure password storage system, allowing passwords to be accessed through a single master code.
- Comptia recommended that computer users have different passwords for different uses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.