In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pastor masculinepastora feminine
- Family members, congregational members, pastors, and other church leaders are called to honor marriage.
- I quickly assured my new friend that we are a church of five pastors but that every member of our congregation is a minister!
- At least this interpretation was how several pastors and ordinary church members understood the situation.
- Sending or lending married pastors to Catholic churches is a generous ecumenical gesture.
- We would suggest that it is precisely those congregations and pastors who are already engaged in faithful and vital ministry who had the most to draw on in this time of crisis.
- Many of the scholars mentioned in your article are among our founding members, but the project involves pastors, lay church leaders, and social activists.
- Similar comments were made by all the other pastors where I ministered.
- Were that to happen, it would require that bishops be more fully what they are ordained to be, pastors of local churches charged with the tasks of teaching, sanctifying, and governing.
- As a bishop, she is pledged to uphold church law and file charges against pastors who openly defy it.
- Rarely does a congregation want the pastor to lead the church into an era of decline!
- Many times church leaders or pastors may say that a ministry's goal is to change lives.
- Once fully equipped with the teaching of God's Word, they go home and teach their local pastors and church workers in their own country so that they, too, can reach their own nation with the truth.
- Many pastors, youth ministers, elders, and parishioners effectively intervene to help such troubled families.
- But there seems to be an increasingly widespread sense that we do not have enough good pastors to sustain congregational ministries at high levels.
- They are deacons, women religious, or lay ministers who effectively serve as pastors of congregations, though they are unable to celebrate the Eucharist.
- Christian priests, ministers, pastors, and deacons lead weekly services and conduct marriages and funerals.
- Unlike this bishop, church leaders, pastors and congregations need to create the opportunities for youth to discern their call to ministry.
- At both churches the two congregations share the pastor and property.
- In another report, a pastor and his wife ministering in the southwestern city of Galle were riding in a bus when the tsunami first hit.
- Every day, Christian students find themselves in a dilemma between what their teachers say in class and what their pastors preach at church.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.