In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1labor de retazos feminine
- From the right-hand corner flag they pieced together a patchwork that stretched back across the field and allowed Pires to add the final flourish.
- If nothing else, this is an honest reflection of the screenplay's patchwork texture, where unfortunately all the stitches show.
- Fred had stitched fine patchwork quilts that covered the beds and hung on the walls of his house.
- As early as February, I was surrounded by patchwork fields of brilliant colours that give the area from Ventimiglia to San Remo the name the Riviera of Flowers.
- You can cut the squares into shapes for appliqués and secure the edges with an open zigzag stitch, or cut the squares into pieces and seam them into patchwork designs.
- A small, brightly coloured patchwork ball made from pieces of multicoloured cloth.
- The patterns lend themselves well to appliqué, quilting, patchwork, paint, texture, and collage.
- Togneri, based in Culloden, specialises in traditional British patchwork in which geometric pieces of cloth are hand-sewn edge to edge to produce elaborate and complex designs.
- A 350-metre-long patchwork quilt made of 1,000 cloth pieces is carrying an urgent cultural message to the Chinese.
- Presumably it's a bit easier to staple together a jump-around party record from musical snippets found down the back of the sofa, but some of these patchwork pieces are surprisingly dark.
- Take your large piece of fabric and patchwork square, put them right sides together and neatly sew three sides together leaving a 1/2-inch seam.
- Somewhere in there, I decided that fabric was not for throwing away and began creating patchwork designs, sometimes piecing quilts.
- Simon's brands work more like a patchwork quilt - each piece delicately overlapping the next - than like a jigsaw puzzle.
- Mrs Grey is, as I write, curled up on the floor of my study in a nest of patchwork pieces.
- Whilst historians are prone to talk of France prior to 1789 as a unified entity, it was in fact a patchwork quilt to which pieces were still being added in the eighteenth century.
- Schools and community centres have joined together to produce a huge piece of textile art, inspired by the traditional Bengali patchwork cloth, the kantha.
- For the girls, the colours are subtle with rainbow blocks, patchwork, topstitching, embroidery and prints in a variety of style.
- Learn how to create a cross between a quilt and a pillow using simple patchwork designs.
- These images were mere shreds of evidence, loosely stitched together like a patchwork quilt.
- A most remarkable lady Lily was a genius at needlework and made the most extraordinary patchwork quilts by hand sewing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.