In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- No other patient had an articular cartilage injury of the patella, trochlea, or tibia.
- The iliotibial band is a thick band of fascia that crosses the hip joint and extends distally to insert on the patella, tibia, and biceps femoris tendon.
- The patella, or kneecap, is a floating bone within the tendon of the quadriceps muscle group.
- Tendons - these are tough bands that join the muscles of the upper and lower leg, and also hold the patella (knee cap) in place.
- The patella and entire patellar tendon were left intact.
- He broke his tibia and damaged his patella tendon and anterior cruciate ligament.
- Encourage the patient to relax the quadriceps and push the patella medially back into place.
- The goal is restoration and maintenance of balance of the patella within the trochlea.
- I had my knee reconstructed back in September and the surgeon took a strip from my patella to reinforce the cruciate ligament.
- Bone plugs from the patella and the tibial tubercle were taken in line with the incised tendon by using a small saw.
- The combined tendon of quadriceps attaches to the superior and medial borders of the patella, and in part in front and beyond the patella to join the patellar ligament.
- Cartilage under the patella or kneecap wears away and the surface becomes rough and grainy.
- Twelve distal femoral condyles, proximal tibial condyles, and patellae were harvested; all soft tissue was removed.
- For example, resurfacing of the patella with a patellar button is practised routinely, selectively, or not at all.
- The selection of the points of reference on the patella for the second line (B - [B.sub.1]) can be complicated by the fact that the contours of the articular surface of patellae vary.
- The patella is the largest sesamoid bone in the body and provides increased mechanical advantage for knee extension.
- Typical sites for such separation include the medial femoral condyle and the patella.
- The joint is held in place by ligaments and covered at the front by the patella (kneecap).
- In our experiment, the sensor was sutured to the patellar tendon so that the sensor would stay underneath the patella when the knee flexed to different flexion angles.
- A vertical incision is made over the pes anserinus insertion halfway between the medial border of the patella ligament and the posterior margin of the tibia.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.