In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(explorer)explorador masculineexploradora feminineshe was a pathfinder in the field of genetic engineering — fue una pionera en el campo de la ingeniería genética
- The most advanced pathfinders in the ways of prayer have told of a land beyond that of communion, a land in which God and the God-seeker merge into a single, shared subjectivity.
- Experts and specialists on South Asia were to work as pathfinders.
- As early as 1821 the enigmatic wanderer Cleng Peerson, ‘the pathfinder of Norwegian emigration,’ traveled to America as an agent for the pioneer emigrants.
- They can be described as visionaries, revolutionaries, radicals, liberals, nonconformists, outsiders, insurgents, prophets, pathfinders.
- We slipped and slid our way down to the trusty pathfinder.
- They're the groundbreakers and the pathfinders.
- The pathfinder was always looking for a better, safer route.
- He defines a pathfinder as someone who has been there and knows how to operate in an environment where 20,000 bills are introduced and maybe 2,000 become law.
- The pathfinder teams provided tactical ground intelligence to law enforcement aviation assets, during aerial drug sweeps.
- They will be given access to new roads to God by the pathfinders who followed their own lights and their own experience.
- Did the deputy track him using ancient Indian pathfinder techniques?
- The 13 councils, drawn from 88 who applied, will be pathfinders for two years.
- It's often artists who are the pathfinders, opening up studios and galleries in run-down districts.
- Is she seen as a bit of a - well, as you said, a trailblazer, a pathfinder for women, not just in athletics, in that time?
- As the struggle began, these pilots were the pathfinders who flew into the unknown, seeking information on how the USSR might be preparing an attack on the West.
- Which way should we go, then, o exalted pathfinder?
- She and her husband John had been planning to act as pathfinders for the team.
- There is no place for the self-absorbed and self-concerned in the ranks of the pathfinders.
avión o paracaidista que señala el objetivo a los bombarderos
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.