1(quality)paciencia feminineI lost my patience — perdí la paciencia
- my patience is wearing thin/is exhausted — se me está acabando / agotando/se me ha acabado / agotado la paciencia
- I've no patience with people like that — con gente así yo no tengo paciencia
- patience is a virtue — la paciencia es la madre de la ciencia
- His tribulations at a sport at which he previously naturally excelled would have tried the patience of a saint.
- For the remaining failures, I can only ask a reader's patience and forgiveness.
- He has good patience at the plate for someone so inexperienced.
- Do you really want to put your patience to the limit?
- But his patience paid off, in the end, as it always did.
- "Just spit it out, " I commanded, feeling my patience grow thin.
- They are a point back and had to exercise extreme patience against their visitors.
- I was beginning to lose the little patience that I had left.
- In my experience foreigners have no patience with this sort of thinking.
- I made a third phone call a few days later, but their patience with me was obviously running out.
- Our local general practitioners have shown great patience and understanding when treating my son for minor ailments.
- Sometimes this fact requires great patience on the part of people.
- He is a decent hitter, has great patience at the plate and is defensively solid.
- He demonstrated extraordinary patience as he posed for photographs and autographed all sorts of items.
- Each novel rewards the reader's patience, but in unexpected ways.
- Eventually her patience paid off, and she was hired on as a professor.
- My fingers played with my pulled up brown hair as my patience wore thin.
- Sometimes, to make a point, you have to stretch their patience to the limit.
- Without their knowledge - and infinite patience - this story would not have happened.
- His first season here, though, would have tested the patience of a saint.
2British(cards)solitario masculineto play patience — hacer solitarios
- a game of patience — un solitario
- One sister has already nabbed the food and cards, and is sitting playing patience.