In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(mother/teacher) paciente(research/explanation) hecho con paciencia y detenimientoto be patient — tener paciencia
- be patient just a little longer — ten un poco más de paciencia
- to be patient with sb — tener paciencia con algn
- The people of Gloucester must have been affected by the patient suffering of their pastor.
- He plays a patient game from the back of the court and the approach edges him close to claiming the first set.
- Jackie is noted for his very patient style and believes in encouraging students every step of the way.
- In any case, the learning situation must be an active one, and thus a patient one.
- This time, they are taking a more patient approach.
- It was awesome working with him, he is a very cool and patient dude.
- His relaxed, patient attitude does not always sit well with people in a hurry.
- He likes challenge and experimentation, but he is also a patient professional.
- You never have been able to handle the fact that I'm more patient than you.
- If you are slow and patient it is possible to get quite near to them, and this was certainly the closest either of us had been to a shark in a long time.
- He wasn't the most calm and patient person in the world when it came to matters of the heart.
- The Foss Basin is always a safe bet at this time of year and pike anglers have been reaping the rewards of a patient approach.
- For some less patient diners this can actually be a blessing as it cuts down the time spent perusing the options.
- The glossy surface, apparently built up from a patient succession of thin glazes, is exactly in her manner.
- It's become hard to imagine anyone else pulling off such stubborn, patient beauty.
1pacientechest/kidney patients — enfermos de pulmón/riñón
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.