In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cheque del sueldo masculinecheque de la paga masculine(salary) sueldo masculine
- Then, earlier this month, employee paychecks were delayed after a financial rejiggering and a wave of staff layoffs.
- Big fat CEO paychecks not only hurt an employee's bottom line but a company's bottom line too, according to a report.
- The firm has even patented a machine to profit from cashing paychecks for employees.
- Shortly before noon, the foreman came around with paychecks.
- Some believe he gave Central Office employees advances on their paychecks.
- I feel it is robbing them of a pay cheque and robbing their families of a pay cheque.
- The Metal Workers Union that represents the workers said that employees had not received paychecks since November.
- A good trick is to put at least 10% of your salary into a pension as soon as you get your pay cheque.
- A former employer that had taken to issuing promises instead of paychecks, seems to have saved money by an even more devious method.
- In some cases, when the paychecks arrived, the employees received a portion of the money in return for falsifying the time sheets.
- He could even modify the employee's direct deposit bank account, and divert a paycheck to his own account, if he wanted to.
- The following helpful guide has been prepared to help our employees better understand their paychecks.
- The only difficulty has been convincing employees to abandon their old-fashioned paychecks.
- That's over half a month's salary extra in my January pay cheque.
- Some $250 million went out through paychecks to more than 8,000 local employees.
- Without a budget, city employees would likely not receive a paycheck in July.
- You will not save much working in an economy where missing two paychecks can lead to homelessness.
- While many turn their paychecks over to their husbands, others rebel, demanding the family's few spare cents go to pencils for the kids rather than cigarettes.
- Make no mistake about it, this is a man who knows who signs his paychecks.
- The day before, he told employees to cash their paychecks rather than deposit them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.