In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pagador masculinepagadora femininethe government is the major paymaster for this research — el gobierno provee la mayor parte de los fondos para esta investigación
- the paymasters of these criminals were well-known industrialists — estos delincuentes estaban a sueldo de conocidos industriales
- It has been said that the bulk of Mozart's sacred music - he composed nearly 20 Masses alone - was written mostly to please paymasters.
- Responsible behaviour, in the view of many hospital administrators, is that which does not upset the paymasters.
- The public, the ultimate paymasters, have seen what Edinburgh can achieve and expect them to add league status to last season's cup exploits.
- One doesn't expect Iraq's new colonial administrators to make things difficult for their paymasters, guarantors and securitors.
- I am being paid to write these words, but my paymasters would prefer a conclusion I am not likely to come to.
- Private security guards will be accountable to commercially driven paymasters.
- These are the people who get their hands dirty on policy details, and can deliver the goodies to the corporate paymasters.
- Rectors and directors of education will face up neither to these parents nor their political paymasters.
- Today, fealty to corporate paymasters is the driving force.
- If you can't kill the messenger, you might as well go after the paymaster.
- Nigerians are obliged to obey their paymasters.
- His annual pay cheque, from his many paymasters, thought to be in excess of €750,000, reflects this diverse range of talents.
- The point is that the paymasters intend to reward bloggers who configure web applications in a way that favours the commercial client.
- Horror stories have been cited of unfortunate junior doctors being forced to work entire weekends on their own with no sleep or food by slave-driver health board paymasters.
- The survey allegedly takes only four minutes to complete, and it provides people like my corporate paymasters with invaluable information.
- Owners would have the option of making the payment in the traditional way by sending a letter to the paymaster.
- The rest were suited and booted, meeting the corporate paymasters and generally celebrating.
- Now I am not inviting any trade unions to become our paymasters.
- Their paymasters there are clearly totally out of tune with the UK public on these issues.
- In any event, the Irish Rugby Football Union paymasters have taken a conscious decision to facilitate and develop Irish-based players as much as possible.
encargado de la nómina
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.